Its official "I LOVE SPIKES!!" and I am really getting into the whole customising vibe.
We all have items in our wardrobe that we would love to throw out but just don't have the heart to, so they sit their in our closets gathering dust, unloved and unworn. So why not revamp them? A bit of lace here or fabric patches there and you've got yourself a new item! My DIY weapon of choice is spikes and if you look around the high street you can see their here to stay but instead of breaking the bank why not do-it-yourself!
THE SPIKED SHOES
I bought these heels from Primark lightyears ago. They were simple and cute, but over the years I have become bored of them and they have been in a dust bag for ages! The inspiration to stud my shoes came from Anthea Lau over at epique.com when she studded her heels from Topshop HERE. So thanks Anthea!
1. What you will need: marker pen • pencil • safety pin • spikes HERE • and shoes of course!
2. Mark where you want to make the wholes for your studs to go, make them at least 1 inch apart.
3. Using the safety pin pierce all the way through the shoe where marked.
4. Use the pencil to widen the whole you have made. Try to poke it through the top and bottom of the hole.
5. Push the screw through.
6. Screw the spiked top on secure tight and repeat the process until the shoe is complete!
WHERE CAN I FIND STUDS?
1. Cone spikes - H&M • 2. Gold tone spikes - River Island They come in silver too! HERE • 3. Skull spikes - H&M